Page Nav




Classic Header


Top Ad

Advertise Here

Breaking News:


Home at Last: Body of Murdered Air Zimbabwe Boss Repatriated for Burial

Harare - With many meandering questions still to be answered regarding the real motive of her death, the body of Air Zimbabwe public relati...

Harare - With many meandering questions still to be answered regarding the real motive of her death, the body of Air Zimbabwe public relations executive Mrs Shingai Dhliwayo, who was murdered under mysterious circumstances in a secluded Botswana bush, has finally arrived back home. 

The body, which arrived in Bulawayo on Wednesday, was flown to Harare where it was taken to Nyaradzo Funeral Parlour. This followed a post-mortem whose results indicated she was strangled.

She will be buried in Norton, just outside the capital. 
Home at Last: The Body of Air Zim Executive Arrives Home 

Mr Webster Taruvinga, the deceased’s brother, said the body would be collected from Nyaradzo today around 1pm. It will be taken to Salvation Army church in Norton for a service at 3pm.

“After the church service, the body will be taken to the family’s house in Norton where it will lie in state and burial has been slated for Saturday at 1pm at Norton Cemetery,” he said.

Relatives and Air Zimbabwe employees including its acting chief executive officer Mr Edmund Makona, accompanied the body from the Harare International Airport to Nyaradzo Funeral parlour in the city.

The deceased’s father, Mr Nathan Taruvinga, narrated how they found Mrs Dhilwayo’s body in Botswana.

“She left Zimbabwe for Botswana and when she crossed the border that is when we lost communication. We did not know where she was and that is when we decided to make a follow up,” he said.

He said they engaged the International Police in the neighbouring country.

“As we were travelling near the border between South Africa and Botswana we received a call that there had been a body of a woman that had been found on the Bostwana side. That is when we went back and identified her,” Mr Taruvinga said.

He thanked the Criminal Investigations Department and Botswana police for their assistance.

“I just want to say to you all that you have not come for a funeral, but to celebrate Shingai’s life. Let us sing and enjoy that she has gone to the Lord,” he said.

According to chief police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba, post-mortem results were; “Homicide as a result of a combination of strangulation and gagging.” - The Herald 

Tinzwei Is A Worth Voyage For Those In Pursuit For Up-To-Date World Events.

Read More At The Online Coronavirus Portal Or Use The 24-Hour Public Hotline:
South Africa: 0800 029 999 or just Send Hie to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp

No comments